First, our member firms are in the commercial insurance industry, but they are not insurance companies. They are commercial insurance brokers and agencies. They are independent intermediaries between the insurance companies who provide the insurance and the businesses that buy it.
Through our New Producer program, you will join the team of a member commercial insurance agency in the location where you want to build a career. Our development specialists will then work with you to get the training needed to succeed in the commercial insurance industry.
Typical work our members perform:
- Analyze clients or prospect’s business risks and exposure to loss.
- Submit the risks and exposures to insurance companies, which then present a proposal with the insurance coverage they would provide and the cost.
- Evaluate each insurance company’s proposal, and select the one that best meets the needs of the client or prospect.
- Present the best proposal to the client or prospect, who then decides whether or not to accept the proposed coverages and to buy the insurance policy.
- Provide ongoing service to the client during the policy year.