Commercial insurance agent/brokers often ask HOW our firm, The CIB Group, recruits new producers. Here’s a flyover of our 9-step professional search process.
- Recruiter meets with the client hiring manager to prepare the Success Profile; then creates a unique marketing campaign and candidate sourcing strategy.
- Full scale recruitment marketing campaign is launched; recruiter sources Business-to-Business (B2B) sales candidates – both actively looking and passive (not job hunting actively).
- Recruiter reviews candidates and conducts structured phone screening interviews to qualify candidates.
- Recruiter presents fully screened candidates to the hiring manager (includes candidate resume and recruiter interview(s) summary). Target: <4 candidates.
- Recruiter coordinates first interview scheduling with hiring manager and buffers candidate feedback.
- Candidates continuing the interview process complete the CIB administered SPQ*Gold Sales Call Reluctance Profile.
- Recruiter coordinates additional client interviews for candidate(s).
- Many clients invite final candidates back for interviews to present a business plan, sit in on a sales meeting, travel with a producer on client calls, or a lunch/dinner meeting.
- We consult with the client as an offer is prepared, extended, and accepted. Our CompPlanner spreadsheet facilitates an offer preview to candidate by CIB; plus, it also provides a client an estimated ROI in the new producer.
While HOW is important, WHO works the search process is really important too. That’s why we only use experienced, Certified Performance-based Hiring (PBH) recruiters to handle all producer recruiting.
If you would like to discuss how The CIB Group can help your firm to hire and develop new producers, please contact us.