Commercial insurance agent/brokers sometimes ask how our firm, The CIB Group, compares with other producer recruiting firms that also recruit Business-to-Business (B2B) sales people from outside of the insurance industry into the commercial insurance producer career. While agent/brokers will draw their own conclusions based on what’s most important to them, here are 10 relevant questions to ask a producer recruiting firm that may help in the due diligence process, including CIB’s answers. Please let me know if we can help you to recruit and develop new producers.
1. How long has the firm been recruiting new producers?
CIB: Since 2000.
2. Is producer recruiting the firm’s core business?
CIB: Yes, 100% dedication and focus of our business is new producer recruiting and development.
3. Will the firm back up its recruiting quality with a candidate replacement program?
CIB: Yes, with a 3-year candidate replacement program (conditions apply, of course).
4. Will the firm use experienced recruiters to optimize hiring quality?
CIB: Yes, 7+ year experienced, Certified Performance-based Hiring (PBH) recruiters handle all candidate recruiting.
5. Will only high credibility, experienced recruiters make the critical first candidate contact for your firm?
CIB: Yes, 7+ year experienced recruiters make 100% of first (and all) candidate contact.
6. Does the firm maintain a stable recruiting staff?
CIB: Yes, zero recruiting staff turnover since 2011.
7. Does the firm provide candidates a website with vital information about the commercial producer career?
CIB: Yes, thecibgroup.com
8. Will the firm work on your producer search exclusively?
CIB: Yes, only works on one client search at a time in a market.
9. Is the firm’s recruiting model cost effective?
CIB: Yes, a virtual, low-overhead cost, high productivity recruiting model.
10. Can the firm provide your new producer an experienced producer as a sales coach?
CIB: Yes, a successful commercial producer provides one-on-one sales coaching.
If you would like to discuss how The CIB Group can help your firm to hire and develop new producers, please contact me.