Name something a new commercial insurance producer NEVER says.
Top 10 answers are on the board.
1. “Getting started as commercial producer is way easier than I thought it would be.”
2. “It’s so easy to get appointments with business owners because they love to talk about insurance and meet with new insurance agents.”
3. “Convincing a business owner to fire their current insurance broker is easy-peasy.”
4. “Commercial insurance is simple. It’s easy to become an expert in this field.”
5. “I never have to cold call. I just wait for the prospects to call me and invite me in.”
6. “I don’t have to work hard. It’s a 9-to-5, ham-and-egger office job.”
7. “Insurance company underwriters know how hard it is for me to get a new business opportunity so they bend over backwards to find a way to say yes and competitively quote all of my prospects.”
8. “There’s so little rejection and disappointment. I never second-guessed my career choice to become a commercial insurance producer.”
9. “Cold calls are great fun and so productive too. Today I made 20 calls and set a qualified new business appointment on every single call. I can’t wait to make more cold calls tomorrow.”
10. “I sold a new account last week on a broker-of-record letter. The incumbent broker just took it back with a countermanding letter. That seemed fair and it didn’t hurt at all.”