You hired a new producer.
Now you’re wondering: did I make the right hire?
Be on the lookout for (and encourage your new producer to take) these early “green light” actions that lead to success:
- Make tons of prospecting calls (rather than making excuses for not making prospecting calls).
- Generate 2+ first appointments per week with prospects.
- Learn the ropes of the business (not asking the same question repeatedly and failing to learn the answer; not making the same early mistakes repeatedly).
- Ask enough questions (shows curiosity to learn the technical side of the business and asks for technical help which they definitely need).
- Update their LinkedIn profile right away.
- Tell everyone they know that they’re in the insurance business. Go all-in to leverage their personal and business network.
- Gin up some early new business (even if it’s only personal lines from friends and family).
- Move prospects forward from a first appointment (with help from seasoned producers/owners).
- Show up and put in the hours and the hard work. Not treating this like a casual office job.
- Take your coaching advice. Seek direction and how to improve.
Your new producer investment will work out just fine if you see these “green light” signals.